All papers on this webpage written by independent environment campaigner David Noonan.
- Submission to federal parliamentary inquiry – Case study on BHP’s Olympic Dam mine in SA under the ‘fast track’ EPBC Act mine expansion Assessment and Approvals (Aug 2020)
- Submission to EPBC Review regarding Olympic Dam (April 2020)
- Briefing paper: BHP Olympic Dam operates under outdated 1991 era Radiation Exposure Standards
- Comments on Olympic Dam EIS Guidelines – May 2020
- Joint NGO recommendations to federal govt on BHP Olympic Dam mine expansion – Dec 2019
- Joint NGO submission regarding proposed Olympic Dam mine expansion – Dec 2019
- Evaporation ponds at BHP’s Olympic Dam mine are killing hundreds of birds (2019 Advertiser article)
- Transcript of interview with David Noonan about the Olympic Dam mine, June 2020
Short briefing papers regarding the proposed expansion of the Olympic Dam mine.
Written in mid-2019 unless otherwise indicated.
- BHP Extreme consequence tailings dams with potential to cause fatality of 100 employees – Briefing Paper – May 2020
- BHP Legal Privileges in the Olympic Dam Indenture Act 1982 Override SA Laws
- BHP Seek a Toxic Tailings Expansion Without a Full Safety Risk Assessment
- Preconditions to Protect Mound Springs in Olympic Dam Expansion EIS Guidelines
- BHP Uranium Mining Triggers “Protection Of The Environment” Under the EPBC Act
- BHP Must Lodge a Bond to Cover 100% of Rehabilitation Liabilities at Olympic Dam
- Migratory Birds at Risk of Mortality if BHP Continues Use of Evaporation Ponds
- The Need to Assess a Feasible Alternative: No-Uranium Sales from Olympic Dam